September Themes: Classroom, Classmates & Cape Cod
Please check the parent board daily! It will give you an insight to what your child has been up to during the day and also remind you of activities coming up.
These themes are all about celebrating your child’s uniqueness, our classroom and how they fit into this world.
This month is all about
- Create a sense of warmth, safety, and mutual respect at the beginning of the school year.
- Establish a connection between the use of rules and the experience of fun and joy.
- Good rules should be easy to remember and applicable to all/most ages, groups, grades, and life in general. For example, “we take care of ourselves, we take care of others, we take care of our things, and we always do the best we can.”
- Use guided discoveries to introduce new materials and routines.
- Encourage the development of intrinsic (feeling good) motivation rather than extrinsic (getting a reward).
Children thrive in a predictable environment, where daily routines are consistent. Daily routines offer children a sense of stability, and a feeling of trust, warmth and caring.
Each month you will receive a calendar of activities that revolve around engaging themes. Whenever possible read the activities to your child either the night before or at breakfast to help prepare them for the day.
We have lots of new friends joining us this fall. Please take a look at the art boxes so that you can put a face to the name of your child’s new friend!
Book Orders are due before Wednesday, 12th
Reading out loud as part of the nighttime routine encourages your child’s language development and also eases the transition to bedtime.
- Payments are due the week prior to service
- Pick up time is 5:15.
- The door locks at 9:30 am if you are arriving after this time please be considerate and come in as quietly as possible as to not disturb the activities or discussions that may already be in process.
- Please make sure your child has a crib sheet, small blanket and a pillowcase with their name on it for rest time. These rest time items will be sent home every Friday to get washed. If sheets need to borrowed or laundered, there will be a fee of $2.00 due to the time and cost of this task.
- Please make sure your child has a full set of extra clothes to have here at the center
- If you ever have any questions, ideas, or concerns please don’t hesitate to let us know. You can always drop a note in the tuition box or an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tonya, Sarah, & Ally J